Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear!

Don't worry, it's not just you. I have a love/hate relationship with WDU and have done for somewhere in the region of 9 years.

When exactly is it starting again? ;)

Lol....that makes me feel better! I must have been watching it for 9 years too...do u remember it used to be Nadia? I believe it starts on Mon 6th (not that I've checked or anything :wink:)

Edited by Nikey
spelling

I always watch it, have done since it started. I ignore the statistics, the flimsy information and the family videos (we all know it was filmed in advance so how can you be missing someone especially when they are on a 1 week holiday AAAAHHHH). However, I will do anything to see a little of Oz, get a view of some suburbs and places to go visit. Nice to see a selection of houses even if 50% of them are the pits of property they can find.

It keeps me motivated. I have it on series record and also watch it randomly throughout the year when I need a pick me up!

Gerrin!!! Love it...much to the kids dismay god luv'em....sick to death of me going "look at this, wooowwww see look at that, see its all magical and perfect and fantastic....!" (obviously it's not but I love it anyway) so glad I know it's on again... New series????

Ha ha....I wonder if nicky chapman will say "on the other side of the woooorrld" with her arms outstretched. Yes, new series

Ha ha....I wonder if nicky chapman will say "on the other side of the woooorrld" with her arms outstretched. Yes, new series

I often determine whether I've seen it by the clothes she's got on Hahahhaaaaaaaa!! And we turn it over when the family video comes on, gets on my tripe....and I usually turn off if it's NZ just cos it's of no interest to me...I get disappointed hoping for oz! I like going "jeez man its a shack, a sh#thole, the roofs caving in....what you whingeing for?!! IT'S IN OZ!!!!!"

Have you seen Phil Spencer - Secret Agent downunder. Like location location location but in Oz.

It's a little slow like all these things are, but I also love just seeing the houses and areas. He is slightly more realistic about the houses available in peoples price ranges, and thinks about what you really want. I'm planning to move to the North Shore, and the rubbish available up there for horrible prices has scared the bejezzus out of me!

Would be nice if they had rental properties on there, I'm sure they're all for sale??

But maybe I'm the only person who wants to move to Oz who doesn't have my own home with a huge amount of equity and nobody else actually rents as soon as they arrive :what:

You certainly won't be alone, we will definitely be renting at first, we don't own our home and honestly I'm glad, see loads of sad posts about people being tied in the UK through waiting on houses selling, feel quite lucky we don't have that noose round our necks. Think I may have seen maybe one or two that have rented, can't really remember but yeah we will be the same x

I've watched a few shows,but it annoyed me too much so stopped viewing!:cute:What annoyed me?Ok comments from potential emigrants like "I'm sick of working 60+ hrs per week to just make ends meet"(Errr no one I know works over 37.5,so if you're working THAT many hours,you're the creator of your own reality!Said guy lived in a mini Mc Mansion in Wales)...."I'm fed up of the kids always being stuck inside"(My kids are aussies and have spent the same amount of time outside as what they did when we lived in Oz).......(Lady)"I want to give up work,and spend more time with my kids when we make the move,thats really important to me"(later in the show when they are comparing the costs)Lady: "yeah looks like I am going to have to work afterall,ah well"Grrrrr lol

I watched an old one the other day where the couple were comparing what they had currently in the UK to what they could have in Perth however they had decided the woman wouldn't work so she could be with the children and when comparing costs couldn't understand why they were in negative figures?! In the end they didn't move... Well obviously! Im not sure if that's the one you saw but my and my DH had our chins on the ground!